£10 to £11 Per Hour
City Of Manchester
My International Client based in Manchester requires a Laboratory Assistant to join their team.
35-40 HOURS PER WEEK
Responsible for assisting in routine sample processing in a high-performance laboratory
* Assist laboratory professionals with various duties of a fully functioning laboratory
* Manage test processing, receipt, tracking, and accessioning
* Perform duties involving the opening, labelling, and distribution of incoming samples
* Assist in laboratory maintenance, including equipment maintenance, maintaining lab cleanliness, and a safe laboratory environment
* Accurately enter all sample request information into the inventory management system Follow the laboratory's established policies and procedures
* Sort, track and carry packages
* Distribute packages in a timely and efficient manner following distribution guidelines
Note: This position requires sustained work including lifting objects no more than 25 lb. in a laboratory that will be receiving biological specimens.
* GCSEs grades 1-3
* Knowledge of and interest in medical terminology, biology, laboratory medicine, anatomy or physiology
* Previous experience working in a clinical lab
* Knowledge of specimen handling and collection requirements and general laboratory workflow
INTERESTED? PLEASE APPLY NOW!
Parkside Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Parkside Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.