Logistics/Delivery Management , Operations
£25,000 Per Annum
Applicants must have full CPC training, experience at driving 7.5 tonne, digital tacho card, be over 25, held a full UK license for at least 2 years and have no points on their license.
The main duties of this role are to deliver goods to customers by way of driving vehicles up to and including 7.5 tonnes. Adhering to TACO legislation and using route mapping. Excellent customer service skills are an essential part of the role as you will be customer facing. The physically demanding nature of this role requires physical fitness and the ability to lift heavy objects. Flexibility will be required as occasionally work in our warehouse maybe requested. A willingness to undertake forklift training if not already qualified.
Your role is to assist the Warehouse Manager with the following tasks:
* Deliver excellent customer service that exceeds all customers' expectations
* Ensure TACO legislation is always followed
* Deliver or collect goods as and when required, manually handling heavy products when required
* Check that the load matches the paperwork and everything is delivered accordingly
* Ensure that all paperwork is properly signed, printed and dated by each customer
* Assist in the loading of your vehicle, either manually or using the forklift truck
* Ensure that your load is always secure and protected from the weather when necessary. You are liable if the load is damaged due to negligence, i.e. if the load falls off the vehicle due to reckless driving or loose straps, or is damaged by rain
* Ensure that the TACO form is completed daily and filed appropriately
* Liability for any speeding fines/traffic offences incurred whilst driving the Company vehicle
* Complete the Driver Vehicle Defect Report daily
* Report any faults with the vehicle immediately to your Line Manager
* Responsibility for the security of Company vehicles, load and other Company property Ensure that the truck is kept clean and tidy inside and out
* Ensure that all customers are dealt with efficiently, courteously and as promptly as possible
* Deal with customer complaints/enquiries and follow them through to a satisfactory conclusion
* Keep paperwork precise and clear so that tasks may be followed by colleagues
* Ensure all promises made to customers are realistic, achievable and are completed
* Ensure that all Company systems and procedures are always followed
* Supplied company uniform to be worn at all times and kept neat, clean and presentable
* Wherever possible, identify improvements to processes to enhance customer service, reduce costs, improve margin etc.
* Report any Health and Safety issues to your line manager
* Take on any reasonable ad hoc duties to ensure the smooth running of The Company
* Ensure that the truck is kept clean and tidy inside and out and Company uniform to be worn at all times and to be kept neat, clean and presentable
Parkside Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Parkside Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.