Accounts Assistant, Finance
£22,000 to £25,000 Per Annum
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- To maintain filing systems, ensuring that records are suitable for audit.
- To assist the team with the production of financial reports for internal and the school's use.
- Check all invoices against the appropriate financial authority and budgets to ensure that are accurate and within the designated mounts
- Ensure all invoices and payments are coded accurately and that all relevant paperwork is completed.
- Process and maintain all data relating to School's accounts (including all private fund accounts) in accordance with the financial regulations.
- Bank payments - process payment batches for suppliers using BACS system
- Processing of Debit card payments
- Liaising with companies to obtain "best value" for items purchased and follow up of queries.
- Check and input purchase orders and by recording the details into the system within the agreed time scales.
- Check and input of Purchase ledger invoices, following schools internal control measures.
- Assist with other finance tasks, to include remittances to suppliers, filing.
- Assist in booking and log staff PPD training
- Responsible for accurate recording and maintenance of the School's finance database.
- Running and analysing the Aged Creditor report.
- Set up and Maintenance of new Supplier accounts.
- Assist in the procedure of maintaining the prepayment register by capturing the prepayment invoices, allocate these invoices to the correct nominal codes and prepare copies for the year end audit folder.
- Supplier statement reconciliation.
- Prepare the weekly payment run by obtaining all the required authorisations for the invoices.
- Ensure that all fixed assets are correctly processed in line with financial regulations and are auditable.
- Maintain the administration and upkeep of the Asset Register for the purpose of year end reporting
- Report monthly fixed assets and provide a report.
Purchasing and contracts
- To take responsibility for all financial transactions within the School, including purchase orders, invoicing, BACS payments and petty cash.
- To co-ordinate the purchase of goods and supplies, ensuring that the School obtains best possible value for money from suppliers and contractors.
- To assist with the collection of income; to include, school funds, trip income, lunch top up, lettings income, iPad income and gift aid claims, and any other student activities and forms of payment as identified.
- To assist with operation of our Parentmail system. Set up each new activity ready for payment. Check paperwork is correct. Post charges to trip account and cover costs via journals. Resolve parent queries and add new staff and students. Liaise with catering provider on all queries.
- Where cash and/or cheques are still used, to maintain an accurate record of income received, and banked, ensuring we adhere to the school's cash handling policy.
- To run and monitor reports and reconcile as appropriate.
- Performing tasks for the finance team including: answering telephone, opening post, printing invoices from email account.
- Undertake a range of clerical, financial and administrative tasks as required, for example, photocopying, word-processing, filing, collecting and recording payments.
- Maintain records and filing systems in line with requirements.
- Comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
Parkside Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Parkside Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.