Logistics/Delivery Management , Operations
£23,000 Per Annum
An exciting opportunity to join a global Freight Forwarder well known and established within the UK as well as recognised internationally. They require an Operations Agent with Freight Forwarding experience £23K working 37.5hrs p/w, 6 month contract to permanent. Knowledge of the Air Freight process including Rating, Cross Trade is an advantage. The role will be based at Belfast airport.
- Manages all bookings from start to finish for allocated customers
- Develops relationship with allocated customers
- Issues booking instructions to origin offices
- Processes Cross-Trade bookings
- Accepts all orders (from customer or overseas office) and assumes full responsibility for their successful completion, including origin management, customs clearance and delivery.
- Proactively informs customer on shipment status, exceptions and provides intermediate updates on incident solution
- Processes UK Customs Clearance
- Manages any other site involved in a shipment
- Develops processes and tools to support customer interface and communications
- Takes and handles customer inquiries
- Takes and registers all customer complaints and drives solution of customer complaints by solving it directly or assigning tasks to other function
- Ensures correct charges are highlighted / passed for billing
- Has full responsibility for correct P/L per file handled.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- Maths and English
- Background in Freight Forwarding
- Customer service focus
- A 'get the job done' attitude
- knowledge of Air Freight process, including Rating, Cross Trade.
Parkside Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Parkside Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.