Finance, Part Qualified Accountant
£37,500 Per Annum
Opportunity has arisen for a part qualified/assistant management accountant to join an expanding company based in NW London (on site parking available) Offering a competitive salary with financial support towards your studies (after probation)
Our client is seeking an experienced part qualified Assistant Management Accountant to support the Financial Controller and other members of the accounting team. Ideally, the successful candidate will have experience working in a deadline orientated environment and will possess organisational and time management skills. This role is an integral part of the team and provides a great opportunity for an ambitious candidate who is studying for accountancy qualifications and looking to gain experience and progression within a global company.
The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic and possess excellent interpersonal skills. Prior experience in a similar role is essential as are good organisational and time management skills and familiarity with Accounting principles and finance regulations. The candidate should be able to multitask whilst remaining motivated and positive and be committed to working efficiently and accurately.
- Preparation and interpretation of monthly management and financial accounts
- Reconciliation of Balance Sheet and Inter-company Accounts
- Ensure control accounts in Nominal ledger is reconciled to Creditors & Debtors Aged Analysis
- Review Aged Debtors & liaise with Credit Control Manager regarding bad debts provisions
- Review Aged Debtors & adjust credit balances
- Ensure the Purchases ledger is up to date with posting invoices, credit notes and payments in a timely manner
- Ensure all the Cash books and petty cash books are up to date and reconciled to the bank on a daily basis and the Petty cash spot checks are done
- Month end journals
- Inter-company balance check for all companies
- Month end analysis reports (job margins, revenue analysis)
- Communication with cost centre owners relating to their performance levels and deviation from budget
- VAT returns
- Import VAT Declaration
- Cash flow management
- Analysis and interpretation of annual budgets
- Assist with Credit Control issues to keep the sales ledger up to date. Import data in to Move Ware on daily/weekly/monthly basis from Operational software and ensure all cash postings are done on a daily basis.
- Year End Audit
- Ad hoc projects
- Payroll duties
- Intermediate Excel (tested at interview stage).
- Intermediate technical knowledge of Accounting (tested at interview stage)
- BSc/BA in Accounting, Finance or relevant field and preferably studying towards an accounting qualification e.g. AAT, CIMA, ACCA
- Proven experience of working as part of an Accounts department as an Assistant accountant or similar role
Parkside Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Parkside Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.