£15 Per Hour
My Global client based in Manchester requires experienced Bio-medical Laboratory Technicians to join their team for a 9 month period.
As a Bio-medical Laboratory Scientist, you will be responsible for working on diagnostic testing lines and optimising our client's current PCR testing process as they continue to scale in capacity. You will also be capable of documenting, identifying, and troubleshooting any defective test results, providing escalations when needed.
- Perform routine lab tests under the guidance of laboratory management
- Follow the laboratory's procedures for test handling, processing, and analysis
- Follow the COSHH regulations and comply with the laboratory safety policy
- Adhere to the laboratory's quality control policies, document all quality control activities, conduct instrument, and procedural calibrations and all required maintenance
- Identify problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results, correct the problem(s) encountered or immediately notify the senior laboratory staff
- Bachelor's degree in a biological, bio-medical, clinical laboratory, or medical technology science
- Good understanding of standard precaution policies related to the handling of potentially infectious agents & hazardous chemicals
- Ability to work in a diverse team
- Previous experience as a Bio-medical Scientist/Laboratory Technician
- Experience with virology or clinical microbiology diagnostics
- Practical experience utilizing qPCR as a diagnostic technique
- Experience operating in a CL2 laboratory or above
- Good understanding of COSHH regulations and Health & Safety requirements
- Valid Registration with Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
SHIFTS; 9 AM TO 5 PM & 3 PM TO 11 PM AND THERE MAY BE 5 PM TO 1 AM DURING XMAS PERIOD
Interested? Please apply!!
Parkside Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Parkside Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.