£65,000 Per Annum
My client are a leading developer of mission and safety critical equipment in the aerospace and defence industries.
A fantastic opportunity for a Commercial Manager to join the team. The main purpose of the role is to actively lead and support the winning and delivery of profitable business and provide commercial support and governance to the business by ensuring the company contracts with customers and suppliers on terms that protect the business. The position reports to the Senior Commercial Manager.
- Ensure compliance with all policies, processes and procedures
- Support the timely submission of bids and proposals ensuring commercial integrity and compliance with all applicable policies, processes and legislation with specific responsibility for responding to the commercial aspects, including customer terms and conditions and pricing
- Ensure the identification of commercial risk, develop and implement effective mitigation strategies and actions and report the risk and progress with mitigation strategies internally
- Lead negotiations with customers with respect to commercially advantageous terms and conditions, prices and payment plans
- The drafting and review of agreements including, but not limited to NDAs/PIAs, LTAs, Agency Agreements, PDS, Teaming Agreements and Distribution and Collaboration Agreements
- Effective day-to-day management of contracts, including customer liaison and customer relationship management on contractual matters
- Development and negotiation of flow down terms and conditions to Suppliers
- Resolution of disputes and claims ensuring best outcome for the company
- Advise Project, Operations and Procurement teams on all commercial aspects
- Provide advice with respect to contractual obligations, liabilities and rights
- Conduct contract reviews in conjunction with other departments
- Effective Contract Management during programme execution
- Maintain applicable commercial inputs into the document management systems including registration
- Liaison with the Export Control teams to ensure compliance with regulations
- Please note this role includes to our Middlesex site at least once a week
- Degree educated in a Business or related subject is essential. Post-graduation Commercial certifications (such as IACCM) would be an advantage.
- A minimum of 7 years prior Commercial experience in an aerospace, defence or a related technology industry, demonstrating all, or substantially all, of the above responsibilities
Parkside Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Parkside Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.