£25,000 to £30,000 Per Annum
Creative Art worker (Junior)
Purpose of Role
This is an exciting opportunity for a creative junior artworker with a keen eye for detail to join a fast paced in-house design team. Reporting into the Brand Design Manager the successful candidate will be responsible for creating high quality artwork across print, digital and social channels. Predominately working on creating full in-store POS packages, the designer will also be able to turn their creative skills to design and artwork print ready brochures, advertising campaigns, branded communication and internal/ external selling documents. This is an fantastic opportunity for a graduate to develop their creative skills while seeing exciting campaigns brought to life in store. The designer will need to feel comfortable interpreting design briefs, working to strict deadlines with excellent time management skills. Experience with creating motion graphics and lifestyle food photography would be beneficial but not essential. A passion for food retail and artwork creation is a must. The candidate will work closely with the Brand Design Manager to ensure all creative content adheres to the brand guidelines.
- Create high quality print-ready artworks for in-store POS for all seasonal and promotional campaigns for store roll out.
- Design and artwork brochures, branded communication, selling documents, advertising & retail graphics to meet Marketing business objectives.
- Become a brand champion for the company ensuring all creative meets Brand Guidelines across all Marketing media.
- Demonstrate the ability to intepret and implement creative briefs to time and budget.
- Work with the Digital department to deliver static and motion graphics across social channels.
- Assist the Brand Manager with creation of design concepts for seasonal and promotional campaigns.
- Work with the Retail Design Team to create retail graphic graphics & 3D visuals to aid retailer recruitment.
- Liaise with external print agencies and be comfortable using content management systems
- Responsible for packaging, managing and supplying all artwork files ready for print production.
- Build and demonstrate own working knowledge of the company and its market (i.e. the products, services, customers, competitors, key industry standards and the relationship with the RDCs)
- Organise own workload and deliver work in a logical, sequenced way, using time effectively and efficiently
- Proactively make suggestions for process improvements within own remit
- Understand who the key stakeholders for your work are, and how you engage with them
- Recognise the different priorities of people around you, how this may impact on your work and what action you need to take
Leadership - ourselves and others
- Accept accountability for own objectives; take ownership of work through to completion and use own initiative to take action
- Consistently deliver high quality work on time and as agreed
- Proactively support colleagues to help them achieve their goals
- Actively take part in teamwork , demonstrating cooperation and constructive contribution to the work
- Be open to and seek to understand and respond professionally to any changes in the business
· Design Qualification / Degree or Relevant experience (non-graduates with a strong portfolio will also be considered)
· Graduate Designer / artworker experience (in-house or agency)
· Able to demonstrate experience of working under pressure to deadlines
· Able to demonstrate verbal and written communication to a high level
· Demonstrate a creative flair coupled with an attention to the detail
· Creation of motion graphics (After Effect)
· Lifestyle food photography
· Competent in Adobe Creative Suite - InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
· Competent in Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
· Demonstrate a good understanding of print production
· Value working as part of a creative Marketing Team to deliver profitable campaigns in store and online
· Is able to demonstrate alignment with the company. Values giving examples of:
o Excellent Service
o Working in Partnership
o Having Ambitious objectives
o Able to demonstrate Resilience
Parkside Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Parkside Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.