Credit Controller, Finance
£26,000 to £28,000 Per Annum
The role of Credit and Collections Specialist has overall responsibility for all aspects of the AR asset sitting on the balance sheet.
From a process perspective the Credit & Collections Specialist follows the receipt and application of cash to the appropriate customer accounts, resolution of disputes and deductions, collecting pure past due accounts, taking payments via SEPA/Direct Debit and Credit Card, arranging refunds to customer accounts, negotiating re-payment plans and potentially the management of legal and special collections. The evaluation of credit worthiness of new accounts and the annual review of credit limits. Resolving order release issues that result in credit blocks, including stopping supplies of goods or service to late paying business customers. Ensuring compliance is achieved with the various internal control standards. Providing advice and educating Business Operations to highlight the effect of issues such as payment terms, etc. In addition, an essential aspect is communicating relevant information to customers in order to maintain an efficient and professional business relationship. Finally, the Collector must participate with the broader Customer Focus Team to ensure service delivery.
Overall, this role will ensure money is collected efficiently according to business terms, assisting the business in balancing sales versus risk, thus minimizing bad debts, and maintaining an excellent internal control environment.
- Familiarity with SAP, MS Office tools to ensure excellent communication, analysis and presentation skills
- Proven ability to communicate with country/ remote teams
- Ability to assess different work practices and adopt most effective bearing corporate credit policy
- Assertive business skills
- Excellent collaborative skills - to ensure effective communication, influencing and goal setting within Credit, Finance and Operations as well with Business Units
- Decision making
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to explain financial matters clearly
- Familiarity with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
- Good analytical skills & numeracy
- Attention to detail is essential with sensitive commercial and financial data
- Ability to work with all levels of management
- Creative ability to handle ad-hoc requests
- Knowledge of SAP
- Ability to work under pressure & to deadlines
- English fluent
- Spanish at business level
- Italian fluent
- Work with collections activity to ensure the achievement of the required WW Treasury goals & WW targets
- Communicate with a customer base to collect monies in order to understand cash or billing issues
- Provide escalation to WWCredit or Business Unit
- Support Sales & Service in evaluating all new business opportunities
- Ensure compliance with policies, procedures and SOX controls, supported by providing evidential reports or documentation.
- Maintaining customer master data
- Monthly reporting of past dues is required
- Monthly forecasting of past dues is required
Performance Measures & Objectives
The key objectives will be:
- Achieve debtor collections targets based on Treasury targets for DSO and overdue debt, unallocated cash, invalids etc.
- Minimise bad debts
- Monitor & maintain unallocated & unidentified cash within guidelines/target
- Monitor and escalate claims & queries on CCD with visibility to WWCredit
- Maintain documentation & controls so that there are no issues during any audits
Parkside Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Parkside Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.