Call Centre/Customer Service, Customer Service Manager
£30,000 to £35,000 Per Annum
Job Title: Customer Service Manager Salary: £30,000 -£35,000
Location: St. Albans
Improve customer satisfaction by way of monitoring measures and keeping it at an exceptional level, by achieving consistently excellent customer service. Proactively manage our customers' expectations. Maintain the 100% orders and active orders report to ensure doors are despatched / collected as quickly as possible. Deal with all customer complaints in a timely and professional manner.
- Managing direct reports and ensuring daily / weekly tasks are actioned, and all deadlines met
- Manage the processes of the delivery/collection of goods by customers. Always look to improve the way we manage the system of active orders.
- Manage complex customer complaints from their start through to conclusion, by working within the guidelines given on issues and resolutions. Always negotiating for the best outcome. Always manage customer expectations through this process
- Become the "go to" person for customers who require extra attention. Through an assured demeanour, be the person that customers know as the key decision maker
- Liaise and "negotiate" effectively with suppliers to obtain the best possible outcome to quality complaints by customers
- Liaise and "negotiate" effectively with other internal departments on behalf of customers to speed orders through the system where necessary. (e.g. getting "special" deliveries out, speeding up carpentry work etc)
- Comprehensive product knowledge (enabling alternatives to be suggested to customers and expert advice given).
- Deal with customer complaints/enquiries and follow them through to a satisfactory conclusion.
- Give appropriate and accurate delivery lead-times for deliveries to customers.
- Ensure all promises made to customers are realistic, achievable and are completed.
- Maintain a customer diary to ensure promises and follow-ups are actioned.
- Ensure memos are placed on the system with all actions and promises clearly recorded.
- Ensure customers are updated regarding delayed containers within 1 working day of receiving the information from the Purchasing Department.
- Calling customers to advise them that their goods are here, ready for collection or secure the payment before booking the goods in for delivery to the customer. All to be managed persuasively and proactively to get goods in and out as quickly as possible.
- Maintain the 100% Orders and Active Orders i.e. ensure that any orders remaining active on the system are fully memo-d, that all goods are either on order or in stock and that the customer is informed and that any order showing as active is current i.e. all conversions have been completed and are up to date.
- Manage and suggest improvements in processes to speed up the delivery/collection of goods
- Assisting colleagues with general and specific information
Skills and Experience required
- Excellent communication skills both with colleagues, suppliers and customers.
- Have a professional, mature and assured manner
- Efficient use of systems, diaries, notebooks etc. to enable accurate records to be maintained.
- Ability to meet deadlines and ensure others do the same
- Helpful, cheerful and professional telephone manner.
- Ability to coach, train and motivate staff member
- Happy working largely unsupervised and office-based.
- Sympathetic manner in explaining any delays etc. to customers.
- Comfortable delegating tasks to staff members
Parkside Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Parkside Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.