Operations, Supply Chain Management
£30,000 to £35,000 Per Annum
An excellent opportunity to work for a global company within the FMCG industry , My client are looking for a Customs and Compliance Coordinator to work within their Finance and Supply Chain Teams . The role is responsible for ensuring all import and export shipments into the UK and Ireland are accompanied with the correct paperwork and are coded to attract the appropriate tax , you will work closely with the finance department to ensure any issues with paperwork or tax are resolved as a matter of priority.
Experience of working within Customs working with HMRC, Federal Office of Economics and Export Control and Chamber of Commerce is essential.
This is a great opportunity to work for a dynamic , forward thinking company who offer excellent career progression , training and a wonderful team and office environment,
The role is Hybrid with 3 days per week in the office .
- To fully understand the Custom's requirements when importing or exporting from and to UK & Ireland
- Manage the Shipping Agents, as the first point of contact to ensure that delivery processes are efficient and relevant customs clearance paperwork is received
- Ensure customs clearance paperwork has been filled out correctly by external service providers, check entries and challenge any incorrect ones
- Ensure that all required information/documentation is saved and available for review within agreed deadlines (1 month following the declaration submission)
- Build Rapport and strengthen relationships with service providers, plants and customers
- Establish knowledge and provide advice to solve specific cases based on his or her knowledge
- To support the automation of Customs process where possible
- Intermediate excel skills required (vlookup/ pivot/ if/ sumif functions etc)
- 2 Years + working with customers
- Experience working with internal / external Stake holders
- Import / Export Experience
- Knowledge of Supply Chains and how they work
- Ability to communicate both verbally and written at all levels throughout the company
- To be able to work autonomously
- You must be able to travel in the UK,
Parkside Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Parkside Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.