Business Analyst, Finance
£229 to £260 Per Day
City of London
I am currently seeking a Data Analysis with experience in VAT Compliance to join a global brand on a 6 month FTC, this opportunity is based in the City of London, however, during these times you will be working from home.
* Maintenance of systems relied upon for process controls and work-flow management
* Providing day to day support to VAT Compliance on the use of the VAT Compliance obligations manager tool
* Carrying out data analytics as required to support VAT Compliance with ad-hoc request and also analyzing data to effectively review system outputs
* Preparing Business Requirement Documents and other related documents as needed
* Working with tech teams within and outside Tax to develop, test, refine and implement requirements on a timely basis
* Maintaining, updating, and further developing solutions post-implementation, in conjunction with tech teams outside Tax, as needed
* Providing support to VAT C&C team in all aspects of technology, including for audits and other projects
* Acting as POC between the VAT C&C team and colleagues in technical teams outside Tax (Tax Tech, FinTech, Tax Engine, etc).
* Data analytics skills, with prior experience using analytics software such as Alteryx
* Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
* A strong desire to exceed expectations
* Organised and methodical with strong attention to detail
* Strong MS Excel skills
* Good communication and personal skills with a hands-on attitude
* Ability to take ownership of work, initiate and implement change, and demonstrate a problem solving hands-on approach
* Able to work to tight deadlines and under pressure
* Work experience in a finance, VAT, and/or technology function
* Using automation tools, such as RPAs, ETLs, etc.
* Relevant accounting and/or VAT experience (public/private mix preferred)
* Finance system based experience
* Software testing experience
Parkside Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Parkside Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.