Finance, Financial Accountant
£325 Per Day
Are you a European TAX Accountant (fluent French) searching for your next 6 month Contract? This Global organisation awaits your arrival for a 6 month period based in London EC2
Our Client is looking for an energetic and enthusiastic TAX Analyst to join their European VAT compliance team. This is a well-established team based in the UK which is responsible for VAT compliance across the region as well as providing support to Tax colleagues and the wider business.
The role will include accounting and VAT responsibilities including supporting internal and external audits.
You will be expected to take ownership of VAT controls and assist with compliance tasks, identify process improvement opportunities for existing process and controls, and drive positive change across the organisation.
* Prepare, review and submit European VAT returns and related filings (EC Sales Listings, intrastat etc, SAF_T)
* Assist with VAT registrations across various jurisdictions
* Preparation and review of month-end GL account reconciliations
* Provide internal and external audit support, including data analysis
* Assist with VAT compliance queries from Client's businesses operating across Europe
Take ownership of VAT controls and assist with ad-hoc compliance tasks, payments / refunds etc.
* Identify & implement process improvement opportunities and drive positive change across the organisation.
- Strong working knowledge of EU VAT/indirect taxes (2-5 years' VAT compliance preparation experience)
- Fluent FRENCH ( verbal and written )
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills, particularly MS Excel, skills
- Ability to invent & simplify
- Strong bias for action and ability to prioritise / deliver results in a timely manner
- Very comfortable working in a fast-paced and continually changing environment
- Highly organised, self-motivated and detail oriented.
- European languages
- Demonstrable experience within a Finance and/or a VAT compliance team for a large multinational or a professional services firm
- Experience of VAT compliance across numerous European jurisdictions.
- Professional qualifications preferred (CIMA ,ACCA, ACA, AAT or similar)
Interested? Call Now
Parkside Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Parkside Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.