Finance, Finance Manager Finance Manager
£45,000 to £55,000 Per Annum
Financial Controller will have the following responsibilities;
- Responsible for ensuring monthly management accounts, quick results and various group reporting requirements (including cash flow forecasts) are accurate and produced in line with group and business requirements.
- Responsible for the production of year end statutory accounts and agree finalisation with external auditors/group.
- Assist with the internal audit of the company and in conjunction with the MD, ensure that any finance issues, including those arising from the audit process are both handled and concluded in the timescales required.
- Prepare/review the annual budgets for the associated business units and help write the business plan.
- Look to constantly improve the finance department in line with the overarching business strategy.
- As a member of the company's senior management team, help set and achieve business goals and set the pathway for future growth and profitability.
- To effectively manage the company's Finance Department by setting and measuring goals and objectives tied to the company business plans.
- To act as a source of expertise, providing advice, guidance and support to internal and external customers.
- Recruit, manage, train and motivate direct reporting staff according to company procedures, policy and employment law.
- Ensure all relevant taxes are correctly calculated, accounted for and paid over to the relevant authorities (eg VAT, Duty, PAYE, NIC, CIS (if appropriate), Corporation Tax
- Responsible for the company payroll, ensuring this is processed accurately and to the required deadlines and subsequently complete the reporting and administration cycle.
- Help managers and staff to improve decision making and understanding by utilising the company's IT resource to write reports and provide information from ERP and other business systems.
- Overall responsiblility for the credit control function of the company
- Overall responsibility for the Purchase ledger function of the company and payment of suppliers.
- Lead and manage ad-hoc project work as appropriate.
- Any other duties as required from time to time relating to the overall role.
The Successful Applicant:
The successful Financial Controller will likely have the following candidate profile;
- Qualified Accountant (ICAS/ ACCA/ CIMA)
- Excellent knowledge of ERP and other business systems
- Excellent problem-solving skills & project management skills
- Proven leadership and ability to drive a team
- Proven track record of managing the financials of a multi-site business, preferably in a senior finance role within the plant or agriculture sectors
- Analytical and methodical approach, attention to detail
- Exceptional communication skills (written & oral)
Parkside Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Parkside Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.