Operations, Supply Chain Management
£6,500 to £7,000 Per Annum
I am recruiting for a Demand Planning Manager to work for an established and prestigious brand within the consumer goods sector .
The purpose of this role is to manage the demand planning and forecasting, with commercial insight. You will be required to develop strong relationships with key stakeholders to ensure timely forecasting and reporting of data. You will need to be resourceful and creative in your skills to be able to find effective solutions to problems.
- Overall responsibility of preparing local Demand Valuation working with the Commercial Managers, Sales & Marketing and Finance
- Responsible for collaboration with Sales Team to drive collection of accurate sales forecasts
- Ensuring forecasting processes, methods and cycle times are adhered
- Regular reporting and communication relating forecast accuracy and inventory measurements in respect of Demand Plan vs. targets
- Overall responsibility for proactively facilitating, re-engineering, best practices & consensus between functional experts (Demand Planning, Supply Planning, Purchasing, Sales & Marketing, Operations, Finance, and IT)
- Responsible for designing and generating monthly forecast reports and managing S&OP meetings with EMEA and counterparts. Assemble and analyse all data pertinent to creating the sales forecast (historical sales, market trends, seasonality, promotions, and inventory levels) emphasis on brand transitions, new product introduction, excess, obsolete and promotions.
- Liaise with Product Managers/Sales Team/EMEA to ensure the effective management of products throughout their lifecycle and data management through IT systems
- Evolving and maintaining documentation and standard operating procedures for demand and requirement planning processes and systems working with EMEA.
- Overall responsibility for developing and maintaining KPI's around key Demand and Planning functions
- Responsibility for local data management to support, inventory planning and replenishment via the forecasting process in line with changing demands working with EMEA
- Responsible for managing reports in respect of excess and obsolete stock to achieve defined targets working with EMEA
- Work proactively with colleagues, contributing and sharing ideas, fully participating in team meetings demonstrating flexibility and a willingness to take on new ideas and ways of working
- Key user for local Demand Forecast System implementation and an initiator for process improvement and documentation
- Focus on continuous improvement and taking responsibility for identifying areas of enhancement
- Carry out any other ad-hoc tasks, including any project work as required by line manager
- Experienced with Demand Planning, Supply & Inventory planning and knowledge of the Sales & Operations Planning process (5-8 years)
- Excellent analytical abilities
- Excellent MS Office skills including Word, Excel (intermediate level), Outlook, PowerPoint etc.
- Ability to work with people in multicultural & cross functional environments
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Project management skills to include the co-ordination of multiple projects and meeting strict deadlines
- Good time management skills with the ability to work with minimal supervision
Parkside Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Parkside Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.