HR, HR Officer
£35,000 to £37,000 Per Annum
My international client requires an experienced H.R. & Payroll Officer to join their growing team.
Purpose of the Role:
To be the first point of contact for all HR and Payroll inquiries, and to provide assistance to line managers and employees in collaboration with the HR Manager. Prepare, monthly payroll and coordinate year-end payroll processes for the Workday payroll/HR system
To give, a high-quality service to support line managers and employees across the business and provide backup to the HR Manager.
Ensure that the HR service is run effectively; making sure all personnel records are kept appropriately and reviewed as required by legislation policy. Produce reports for managers and senior staff regarding sickness, absence, and overtime.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Process the monthly payroll for approx 180 employees (this is likely to increase) using the Workday payroll/HR system.
- Processes payroll changes and updates including, but not limited to overtime, additional earnings, tax deductions, holidays, employee benefits, starters, leavers, and all salary and employee changes.
- Process annual P11D, P60, and PSA data for HMRC submissions and administer as necessary alongside Workday.
- Prepare and Benchmark salary to ensure we maintain salary levels within budget.
- Maintain monthly pension data via Standard Life.
- Maintain HR/employee files, run periodic audits, and ensure the accuracy of the employee data in the HR system.
- Maintain payroll and HR information in accordance with GDPR and in line with our internal and external audit controls.
- Address and resolve all payroll queries.
- Maintain and update payroll-related policies & procedures.
- Provide payroll data as requested, for pay changes and management reports.
- Liaise with external benefit providers, for Pension, Life Insurance, and Benefits packages.
- Provide advice on the organization's policies, procedures, and practices to our managers and staff.
- Co-ordinate all recruitment activities, including:
- Preparation of Job Descriptions/ Person Specifications,
- Adverts for Job Boards and Social Media
- Liaising with recruitment agencies and ensuring Value for Money in terms of quality.
- Sending contracts to new starters and processing compliance checks such as right-to-work documents.
- Ensure all steps of the Employee On-boarding and Induction process are coordinated and monitored.
- Ensure all new starters receive correct paperwork i.e. contracts and follow through with the process of the HR induction. Monitor new starters through the probation period with managers.
- The main point of contact for any queries stakeholders, training new starters, and managing HR processes
- To set up an electronic HR filing system with all relevant employment documents in accordance with GDPR
- Provide admin support to the HR Manager for Employee Relation Cases, including absence, performance, disciplinary and grievance meetings.
- Effectively manage and review the sickness and absence policy in coordination with the HR Manager
- Manage the process of issuing security fobs and updating shift patterns, sickness, absence, and holidays in ITIME.
- Support the HR Manager and Quality manager to maintain Training standards across the company and ensure the company training matrixes are kept up to date.
- Ensure appropriate HR processes are fully automated, where appropriate.
- Ensure the company car fleet is administered and maintained.
- Produce reports for managers and senior staff for the HR Department KPIs
- To work with the HR Manager and assist in the implementation of a new HR System (Workday)
- Conduct any other reasonable request associated with this job function or the smooth running of the HR/Payroll department.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and confidently with customers and colleagues.
- Has a collaborative approach to working with others and has a one-team approach.
- Promote and endorse company culture and values.
- Comply with all health & safety requirements.
- Comply with all other company policies & procedures.
- Take responsibility for personal development, identify training needs, and request appropriate training as required.
Skills & Experience:
- At least 2 years of solid work experience within a Payroll and HR role
- Proven experience and understanding of all Payroll processes and calculations and running a payroll from beginning to end.
- Experience with Workday, IHCM preferred but training will be given.
- Intermediate to Advanced level with Excel. Must be proficient and confident with producing and maintaining Excel spreadsheets and information.
- Be able to work alone and as part of a team.
- Have an analytical and questioning approach to data and information.
- Has a solution-focused mindset to solve issues, in line with Policy and Procedure.
- To be diligent and accurate with all aspects of the role, whilst maintaining confidentiality.
- Being an enthusiastic, approachable individual who has excellent communication skills.
- To have a methodical and organized approach to day-to-day, monthly, and annual tasks, and an eye for detail.
- CIPD Qualified to a minimum of Level 5
- Payroll qualification is desirable but not essential.
Interested? Please apply
Parkside Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Parkside Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.