Maintenance Staff, Operations
£10,000 to £20,000 Per Annum
Location: UK, London DC1 & London Westfield
Reporting into: Health, Safety and Environment Manager UK
Here is a breakdown of what you'll be doing:
* Assist the HSE Manager UK in maintain the health, safety and environment management system
* Assist the HSE Manager UK to maintain ISO 45001 Certification
* Assist the HSE Manager UK to develop, prepare and plan for ISO 14001 Certification
* Ensure communication on legislation updates including Covid-19 guidelines
* Communicate and build relationships with Union H&S Representatives
* Ensure all risk assessments and SSOW (Safe Systems of Work) are completed and reviewed
* Review Risk assessments and SSOW in a timely fashion before they are signed by the department manager,
* Work closely with the department managers and the Health, Safety and distribution Training Administrator to make sure HSE training is taking place across the site
* Ensure compliance with HSE legislation and audit requirements.
* Ensure all HSE training is up to date (First aid, Fire Marshals)
* Conduct departmental HSE internal audits against ISO 45001 standard
* Conduct accident investigations: producing a summary of the findings and recommend actions.
* Conduct reviews of COSHH risk assessment and SSOW annually or after any chemical incident
* Review and Monitor the fire safety systems and ensure fire risk assessment actions are completed
* Carry out new starter induction when required
* Champion First aid with the first aiders throughout the business
* Attend and conduct HSE meetings when required
* Generalist support for the Operations management team
* Any other ad hoc duties which may be reasonably required within the role. The type of person we are looking for:
* Previous experience within Health, Safety & Environment essential
* Previous experience in the Distribution industry preferable
* Self-motivated and able keep up to date with any legislative HSE changes or regulations update.
* Excellent planning and organisational skills
* Strong networking skills
* Diploma or equivalent in Occupational HSE
* Member of IOSH, Graduate level or above preferable
* Member of CIEEM preferable
Parkside Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Parkside Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.