Facilities Manager, Operations
£40,000 to £46,000 Per Annum
We are currently recruiting for our market leading client based in Watford, they are looking for an experienced Health, Safety and Environment Manager to join their team. The successful candidate will be required to establish, monitor and manage all standards, processes and systems to ensure that all health, safety and environmental responsibilities are met and adhered to.
- To ensure that the company is kept aware of all developments in relevant Health Safety and Environment legislation and guidance.
- To ensure that the company is advised of the potential consequences for the company of decisions in legal cases appropriate to its operations.
- To recommend and, where approved, to implement cost effective strategies and tactical solutions to meet legal & regulatory requirements.
- To foster a positive culture for Health & Safety and Environment within the company based on strategies identified by the Health and Safety Executive, and to ensure that the initiatives required for maintaining this culture are adopted and practised by all staff.
- Lead Environment sustainability initiatives and engage employees to identify projects that result in less waste, energy or water and encourages reuse of resources.
- To ensure that all incidents are thoroughly investigated and appropriate reports are prepared for consideration by senior management.
- To fulfil the role of 'Responsible Person' for the purpose of reporting incidents under statutory reporting requirements.
- Completing and regular reviewing risk assessments and method statements for all work equipment and operations, including those of sub-contractors working on behalf of the company
Key Skills Required:
- Preferably with at least 3 to 5 years relevant experience in the same or similar role
- Should have previous experience of dealing with Health Safety and Environmental matters in a dynamic environment.
- Requires professional Health Safety & Environment training to NEBOSH certificate or equivalent as a minimum.
- Membership of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) and a NEBOSH diploma would also be desirable.
- Requires excellent communication skills and ability to interact with and engage others at all levels in the organisation.
- Relevant experience, a good working knowledge of Health Safety & Environment regulations
Parkside Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Parkside Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.