HR, HR Officer
£40,000 to £50,000 Per Annum
Immediately available HR advisor with strong experience of ER , Payroll and Operations who has a technical background and has ideally covered multi site locations and is happy to work on a 15 Month contract
My client a leading brand within the logistics industry are looking for an HR advisor to be based at their state of the art London premises . The position will be responsible for being the first point of contact for all people issues, advising on ER cases, company policy and practice including performance management, Payroll, grievance and disciplinary and absence management etc. A key focus of the role will be People and Employee relations so extensive experience and interest in this area is a must for the role .
Hybrid working 3 days a week in the office , excellent benefits , amazing team , culture and environment
To be the first point of contact for employee/people relations:
- Employee Relations: Develop and maintain solid understanding of the business units to provide advice and support on ER issues to managers. Manage ER case work as appropriate.
- Policy and Procedure: Advise Managers and staff on Company Policy and Procedure.
- To meet regularly with Managers within the client group to provide proactive advisory support as required.
- Disciplinary and Grievance: Manage disciplinary and grievance cases including carrying out investigations, conduct hearings and preparation/issue of appropriate documentation.
- To work proactively with Managers and Employees to resolve "informal" grievance issues - escalating to formal process as appropriate. Conflict resolution where appropriate.
- Performance Management Procedures: To provide information and guidance to Managers on all stages of the performance management process.
- Redundancy/Change Management: Working in conjunction with the Senior HR Manager and VP with any change management cases. Managing restructure and redundancy processes as and when required.
- Maternity, Parental & Paternity Case Management: To lead and administer the various processes, giving accurate/up-to-date information and advice to employees and managers.
- HR Projects: Initiate, conduct and facilitate HR projects.
- Flexible Working - Provide advice and guidance in response to informal enquiries and in partnership with line managers, manage appropriately.
- Absence/Leave Process: Provide information and guidance to managers and employees on company policy in respect to all leave and absence issues. Monitor employee sick leave records (both long term and ad hoc sickness).
- Experience as an established HR Generalist - emphasis on employee relations and involvement in performance management, disciplinary, grievance procedures, ideally in the media or telecommunications industry.
- Experience of managing a varied HR case workload - including flexible working, maternity and ad-hoc projects.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of key UK employment legislation.
Parkside Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Parkside Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.