HR, HR Assistant
£12.05 Per Hour
Are you a proactive, problem solver with HR experience?
Our global client in Wednesbury, Birmingham is looking for experienced HR Assistants to work for a period of 3 months.
- Shift -1 person required for Sunday - Wednesday, 6am - 4.30pm ( 4 x 10 hour days )
1 person required for Wednesday - Saturday , 6am - 4.30pm ( 4 x 10 hour days)
- Experience dealing with hourly paid employees
- Intermediate/ Advanced Excel skills
- You will be a self starter, proactive and able to use your own initiative to problem solve day to day hourly paid employee queries.
- You are naturally customer obsessed; ability to work in a fast paced environment and remain close to the detail and working to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- 2 years experience working in an HR Administration/Assistant role ideally in a retail or warehouse industry or an HR graduate with experience in an office administration role
- Have intermediate/advanced excel skills, able to read reports, manipulate and present data ( you will be required to take a pre-screening excel test)
Our operations are large scale and operate 7 days a week, the role will be based on 40 hours over 4 days a week (this will include weekend and evenings)
You will be the first point of contact for our associates and will drive a positive associate experience.
- Dealing with day to day queries (e.g. pay, attendance, policy guidance) and where necessary directing queries to the best person or team to deal with them.
- Managing our time and attendance system, ensuring our people are paid correctly and we have no payroll discrepancies.
- People related administration and coordination tasks (e.g. new starter processes, expenses queries).
- Providing accurate and timely management information, and ensuring compliance with Company process, data protection requirements and best practice with regard to maintenance of HR systems and records.
- Supporting HR and management on a wide variety of people related topics and projects including support for engagement activity.
- Minimum 2 years HR experience (ideally in a Retail or Warehouse industry) or an HR graduate with experience in an office administration role
- Good IT competence (Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, HR systems e.g. PeopleSoft)
- Confidence in verbal and written communication in English.
- High volume administration experience (including systems/database administration) in HR, recruitment or payroll.
- Experience of working with hourly paid employees.
- Someone who can work independently; multitask, organise and prioritise workloads and meet strict deadlines.
- Attention to detail is a must together with comfort handling a wide range of data (including sensitive and personal information).
- Maintaining the highest standards of confidentiality, and ensuring the integrity of HR records and conduct.
- Being a trusted and professional ambassador for the HR and Leadership team.
- An enthusiastic individual who is keen to learn and flexible in approach.
- Knowledge of basic employment law and HR / Payroll practices would be advantageous.
If you have the necessary skills please upload your CV via the link
Parkside Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Parkside Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.