HR, HR Officer
£35,000 to £38,000 Per Annum
We are recruiting for a CIPD Level 3 qualified and experienced HR Officer for a prestigious private school. The role will assist the HR Director in ensuring excellent customer service and compliance across all recruitment areas and safeguarding training for teaching, staff, agency workers, contractors, cover teachers, peripatetic teachers and parent volunteers
To be successful in this role, you will have demonstrable experience delivering a high quality HR service in a fast paced environment and this will include an in-depth knowledge of safer recruitment and regulatory compliance and delivering induction training.
Working closely with the HR Director, you will:
- Liaise with and advise all candidates, agencies and internal stakeholders on the safer recruitment process;
- Increase recruitment activity via job boards and other social media resources and be the first point of contact for potential applicants;
- Assist with the updating and issue of safer recruitment documentation in line with regulatory requirements;
- Proactively respond to day-to-day HR issues and queries providing prompt advice on HR procedures and employee counselling;
- Liaise with the School's legal advisers as appropriate;
- Obtain written reference requests and follow through on verbal telephone verifications;
- Support the HR Director with payroll matters for starters, leavers and contract variations;
- Monitor employee absence and liaise with the Payroll Manager accordingly;
- Review and advise on all Safer Recruitment forms completed by perspective employees including UK and overseas Summer Programme staff to ensure compliance;
- Arrange Overseas Police Checks where necessary;
- Organise completion of new employee risk assessment forms as required;
- Assist with annual safeguarding declaration communications and follow up across the School;
- Ensure that HR data management is GDPR compliant and assist with responses to data subject access requests;
- Ensure that all internal and external reporting requirements are satisfied through the provision of management information and HR returns;
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of current employment law; and
- Ensure that all internal and external reporting requirements are satisfied through the provision of management information and HR returns.
- Assist with recruitment and onboarding activities
- Assist in training, take on additional project work and support with events
- To know the identity of the School's Designated Safeguarding Lead and Safeguarding Team;
- To proactively be alert to indicators of potential safeguarding issues and report these immediately in accordance with the school's procedure;
- To be aware of the School's policies relating to Safeguarding and Child Protection, Code of Conduct and Health and Safety, and follow their requirements;
- Attend training relating to Safeguarding of Children;
- Engage in safe practice and professional conduct to safeguard children and mitigate against the potential for misunderstandings or situations being misconstrued;
- Create safe and secure learning environments.
This is a fantastic and varied role, the school is set in the most amazing grounds and focuses on well-being for the pupils and the employees, you will have access to the dining hall and sporting facilities, this is a Monday to Friday role and will require the individual to be flexible at times (37.5 hour working week)
Parkside Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Parkside Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.