HR, HR Administrator
£25,000 to £33,000 Per Annum
Purpose of Role
Responsible for providing an excellent, right first time, administration service to all Central Office colleagues of 100 people and colleagues where applicable. The approach of the role is to be reactive in a fast-paced environment working alongside the HR Controller (Head of HR & Office) and working closely with the HR/L&D Advisor, liaising fully with all Central Office departments as and when required. Communicating in person internally with team members, colleagues and direct line managers in a full communication cycle including reporting and team briefing events. To be part of a Team offering "best in class" approach to all HR (and Office) subjects and working with the team ensuring a full commitment to establishing HR as a true partner to the business.
- Assisting with updating trackers and expenses and being part of a team committed to bring projects in on time and on budget
- HR System Moorepay: Creating accounts, resetting accounts, ensuring all employee information is up to date, answering queries. To be the first point of contact for "trouble shooting" any technical issues.
- Tracking employee events and responsibility for updating the team so they are aware of the events, following process and ensuring consistency for birthdays, long service, end of probation, and other occasions
- Writing (following templates) and distributing internal letters: to SPAR Central Office employees (bonus, pay, promotion, pass of probation, pension changes, long service award, confirmation of resignation, change of hours, maternity, confirmation of employment etc.)
- New starter administration: Drafting new contracts of employment for signature. Once approved, sending new starter packs to prospective employees and collating completed new starter documentation.
- Filing and scanning: Filing of all HR related records, sickness absence, contract extensions, new starter contracts. Setting up new files in our HR filing system (electronic and paper) for new starters and keeping all records up to date
- Employee absence administration: Updating absence records and verifying absence forms are returned; arranging Return to Work meetings if applicable. Monitoring sickness levels of staff (Noticing patterns of absence i.e., more than 4 periods of absence within a 56-day period) and reporting this to the HR Advisor.
- Payroll: inputting payroll changes onto Moorepay and answering queries. Submitting payroll to outsourced provider. Liaising with the outsource provider in case of any issues.
- Holidays: updating and monitoring employee's holidays
- References: Arranging and following up references with our external reference agency
- Job Descriptions: Proof-reading and updating job descriptions
- Recruitment: Adding new vacancies onto corporate site as necessary. Removing vacancies from the site once the position is filled. Liaising with agencies to ensure they have all the information they require to source for open positions.
- Interviews: Setting up interviews in diaries once notified by the team, liaising with line managers, agencies and direct candidates along with booking meeting rooms and ensuring CV's are shared.
- Inductions: Organising induction programs for new starters (Scheduling in 1-2-1's within diaries and booking meeting rooms etc).
- HR Metrics: Assist with producing a regular suite of metrics for Line Managers and wider ops team review. Inputting key HR data (i.e. starters, leavers, absences and keeping metrics up to date).
- Opening HR post and responding to General HR correspondence: Charity letters, Administration for Attachment of Earnings's orders and general queries/enquires. Escalating important correspondence to the HR Controller.
- Organisation Chart/Structure: To keep the organisation chart/structure up to date monthly, noting changes, additions etc.
- Assisting: Assisting the HR Controller and HR Advisor in other tasks as required to include typing notes, updating contracts of employment and assisting with administration related to policies and processes
- Look out for and highlight opportunities to incrementally improve own and team's outputs, on a regular basis, in line with market needs.
- Organise own workload and deliver work in a logical, sequenced way, using time effectively and efficiently
- Support others in decision-making by providing requested data and information, clearly and on time.
- Deliver messages - verbally and written - that are clear, concise, accurate and appropriate in tone.
- Demonstrate empathy - listen actively to others, be sensitive to their views and respond appropriately.
- Develop positive relationships and credibility with people you work directly with.
Leadership - ourselves and others
- Engage fully in performance evaluation and development planning for self.
- Actively take part in teamwork , demonstrating cooperation and constructive contribution to the work
£25,000 - 33,000
BASED IN HARROW
Parkside Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Parkside Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.