IT, Project Manager
£320 to £340 Per Day
Working for a well renowned research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers innovative medicines for people with life-threatening illnesses around the world.
Deliver a wide variety of IT security projects. The projects may be technology-based, or they may be pertaining to security policy, process or governance initiatives.
Job duties include:
- To develop and deliver RFP.
- To take full responsibility for the complete project life-cycle of the specified project starting with the scoping/assess phase.
- To deliver the project on time, to budget and quality.
- To manage a diverse group of stakeholders across different geographical regions.
- To establish the project plan, project schedule and resource plan.
- To monitor and track the progress of the project.
- To report project status accurately following established cadence and escalate project issues promptly as they arise.
- To manage the resolution of issues and concerns.
- To manage risks and project change requests.
- To ensure appropriate resources are assigned to the project team.
- To develop and manage the project budget, track project actuals and create forecasts.
- To execute the project in line with project management methodologies and processes.
- To support the procurement of 3rd party products and services.
- To evaluate vendor proposals.
- To coordinate and manage vendor activities.
- To work directly with end-users in resolving project issues and ensuring the project meets the business partners' needs.
- To interface with stakeholders and to manage expectations.
- To manage the provision of training.
- To ensure orderly handover to support.
- To concurrently manage multiple projects or initiatives.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Professional IT Project Manager with a proven track record of delivering complex, cross-functional projects.
- 10 - 12 years of full-time project management experience.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of project management methodologies, tools and techniques.
- A proven track record of delivering IT security projects is essential.
- Solid experience in stakeholder management.
- Experience in dealing with senior management up to executive level.
- Experience in managing procurement activities such as RFI, RFP.
- Ability to work with dispersed and global teams and locations is essential.
- The ability to work and manage teams remotely is essential.
- Experience in the life-science industry would be advantageous but is not a pre-requisite.
- Experience in managing GxP projects is preferred but it is not a pre-requisite.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Relevant professional qualification would be advantageous if combined with practical experience.
Parkside Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Parkside Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.