Finance, Newly Qualified Accountant
£28,000 to £33,000 Per Annum
Our client, who are well established and a leading manufacturer, is seeking a Junior Accountant on a permanent basis with study support. You will be apart of their Finance department in a collaborative and supportive team of finance professionals. Excellent opportunity to join a fantastic company, who will support your studies and give the opportunity to expand your knowledge further in this position.
The Junior Accountant provides key support in a wide range of tasks that are essential to tracking business performance and maintaining financial control of assets and operations.
Junior Accountant Key Responsibilities:
- Maintain accurate and timely financial records in the group ERP system (JD Edwards).
- Effective and timely month end close process ensuring accurate journaling such as for provisions for contracts, warranty and stock.
- Preparing weekly and monthly reporting numbers and submitting them to Head Office based in the US.
- Prepare monthly Management Accounts.
- Track and report the foreign exchange exposure of the business.
- Prepare weekly working capital and cash position reports.
- Review and analyse the company's balance sheet positions.
- Ensure meaningful split of overhead allocations across business units.
- Check and submit monthly VAT returns and annual corporate tax returns via the MTD module.
- Collaborate closely with the FP&A team members to analyse financial data and identify trends and insights.
- Variance analysis of management accounts actuals vs budget, identifying differences and ensuring accuracy of information.
- Drive continued process and systems improvements across all the finance team's activities.
- Support the Accounting Manager and Finance Director in various business critical ad-hoc and project work.
Junior Accountant REQUIREMENTS
- 2+ years minimum relevant work experience
- Studying for a recognised accountancy qualification, such as ACCA or CIMA
- Proficiency in accounting software, preferably JD Edwards
- Experience with US GAAP highly desired
- Strong analytical and numerical skills, with a keen attention to detail
- Strong IT literacy, especially Excel including advanced skills in using functions and pivot tables to analyse and manipulate financial data
- Ability to work well under pressure and ability to manage peak workload esp. at month end
- High standards of integrity, with a commitment to maintaining confidentiality
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skill
- Ability to work collaboratively and be a team player
- International work experience and ability to work effectively with people from diverse cultural backgrounds
- Competitive salary
- 25 days paid leave + bank holidays
- Study allowance and training budget
- Flexible working (minimum 3 days in the office)
Please apply now if you have the relevant experience.
Parkside Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Parkside Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.