Marketing, Product Manager
£28,000 to £34,000 Per Annum
My Award winning, licensed home wares merchandise client are looking for a Junior Product Development Manager to join them. An excellent career progression opportunity paying £30-34Kpa depending on experience, based in West Drayton.
You will have the opportunity to work with a number of brands and develop bespoke ranges for multiple large retailers and for global export. This role offers you the chance to bring products to life. This can be your chance to progress within an excellent fast-paced working environment.
The Junior Product Development Manager must have a strategic overview of the whole company with the aim of moving the company forward by spotting new trends and areas of growth which will be profitable. The candidate will work closely with the Operations and Sales Directors.
What You'll Do
- Manage multiple projects from initial ideation through design determination, development, costing, material specifications and into production.
- Creation of project time lines to ensure all dates are maintained internally, with our customers, licensors and factories.
- Communicate and coordinate with designers, licensors, factories to drive projects forward through production.
- Ensure deliverables are sent to the factory to allow for enough time for production including initial project specifications and artworks are comprehensive of all project specifications and project details.
- Ensure product meets costing targets and profit margins.
- Establishes and maintains rapport with Licensors and ensures that products are produced correctly and have received all necessary approvals.
- Keep a track of all aspects of product development including costing/sampling/artworks and approvals.
- Partners with the supply chain team to ensure communication on delivering a project on time
- Manages creative artwork requests from account managers and controls the designer schedule.
Ideally a graduate with previous experience in the field, you must be well-organized and capable of using your own initiative with an ambition to learn new techniques and have a hands-on approach.
What You'll Bring
- Great interpersonal skills to build strong relationships with the various teams internally as well as with brand licensors and suppliers.
- Personable and pro-active with a flexible and adaptable can-do approach.
- A good multitasker.
- Experience in Photoshop and Illustrator is an advantage
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Well-organised with a customer-oriented approach.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and other relevant programmes.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to recognise demand levels and prioritise accordingly.
- Understanding or interest in licensed consumer products and design.
Parkside Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Parkside Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.