£10.48 Per Hour
City Of Manchester
My International Client based in Manchester requires a Laboratory Assistant to join their team for a period of 9 months.
Services to be performed:
* Responsible for assisting in routine sample processing in a high performance laboratory
* Assist laboratory professionals with various duties of a fully functioning laboratory
* Manage test processing, receipt, tracking and accessioning
* Perform duties involving the opening, labelling, and distribution of incoming samples
* Assist in laboratory maintenance, including equipment maintenance, maintaining lab cleanliness and a safe laboratory environment
* Accurately enter all sample request information into the inventory management system
* Follow the laboratory's established policies and procedures
* Sort, track, and carry packages. Distribute packages in a timely and efficient manner following distribution guidelines
* Note: This position requires sustained work including lifting objects no more than 25 lb. in a laboratory that will be receiving biological specimens.
G.C.S.E.'s Grades 1-3,
Knowledge of and interest in medical terminology, biology, laboratory medicine, anatomy or physiology
Previous experience working in a clinical lab.
Knowledge of specimen handling and collection requirements and general laboratory work-flow
Please apply now:
Parkside Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Parkside Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.