£113.58 Per Day
Our international client requires a Logistics/Supply Chain Coordinator to work within the Supply Operations Team.
Reporting to the Supply Operations Section Manager you will be predominantly responsible for handling supply queries via email and the logistics phone. The role works closely with the UK sales field team and the UK sales operations management team - playing a key role in the monthly sales objectives.
The Supply and Sales Support Department as a whole is responsible for managing the supply of new cars to the dealer network, planning dealer business objectives, sales analysis/reporting, as well as providing vital support to the retail and corporate field teams. The role, therefore, offers opportunities to gain experience in the manufacturer and dealer relationship, as well as an insight into all aspects of the automobile motor industry.
- First point of contact for designated dealer network region of responsibility.
- Advise dealerships on all aspects of vehicle supply, including ordering and sourcing cars for sold customer orders, and managing communication of any delays or changes to DADs (dealer arrival dates).
- Assist dealers with any queries on invoicing, accessory costs, de-consign/re-consign of stock, and damage charges.
- Updating key stakeholders on stock movements between the UK, Northern Ireland, and Scotland, to ensure smooth delivery of new car stock.
- Manage supply issues proactively, including liaising with third-party suppliers such as transport companies and compound staff as required.
- Monitor, block, and order dealer stock where necessary, to ensure crucial stocking requirements are met at all times.
- Proactive communication of information to the dealer network, sales field team, and internal departments.
- To act flexibly and responsibly within set procedures to ensure minimum inconvenience to our customers, whilst protecting the company's assets and exposure to unnecessary costs.
- Self-motivated in sourcing stock for dealers/customers and up-selling conversations.
- Problem-solving when unforeseen circumstances arise such as damages in transit.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
- Accuracy and attention to detail - to ensure correct information is shared with dealers, the field team, and management.
- Comfortable handling challenging conversations in relation to delivery dates.
- The ability to build relationships and work as part of a team to achieve the goals of the immediate supply team, department, and overall automobile business in the UK.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task quickly and effectively.
- Calm professional telephone manner.
- Ambition to make a difference and go above and beyond.
- Flexible to changes in procedures and workload at all times.
- Strong PC Skills - particularly Excel.
Experience in the automotive industry
Experience using SAP
12 Month Contract
Interested? Please apply
Parkside Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Parkside Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.