Finance, Management Accountant
£40,000 to £45,000 Per Annum
My Park Royal client are recruiting a Qualified Management Accountant either newly qualified or with a year or twos experience, a global company that offer experience and progression. A fantastic team that give a great service to the company.
Supporting the Group Financial Controller and other members of the Accounting Team ideally the successful candidate will have experience working in a deadline orientated environment with good organisational and time management skills. This will suit an ambitious candidate looking for progression.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparation and interpretation of monthly management and financial accounts
- Reconciliation of Balance Sheet and Inter-company Accounts
- Ensure control accounts in Nominal ledger is reconciled to Creditors & Debtors Aged Analysis
- Review Aged Debtors & liaise with Credit Control Manager regarding bad debts provisions
- Review Aged Debtors & adjust credit balances
- Ensure the Purchases ledger is up to date with posting invoices, credit notes and payments in a timely manner
- Ensure all the Cash books and petty cash books are up to date and reconciled to the bank on a daily basis and the Petty cash spot checks are done
- Month end journals
- Inter-company balance check for all companies
- Month end analysis reports (job margins, revenue analysis)
- Communication with cost centre owners relating to their performance levels and deviation from budget
- VAT returns
- Import VAT Declaration
- Cash flow management
- Analysis and interpretation of annual budgets
- Assist with Credit Control issues to keep the sales ledger up to date. Import data in to Move Ware on daily/weekly/monthly basis from Operational software and ensure all cash postings are done on a daily basis.
- Year End Audit
- Ad hoc projects
Skills and Qualifications
- Intermediate Excel (tested at interview stage).
- Intermediate technical knowledge of Accounting (tested at interview stage)
- BSc/BA in Accounting, Finance or relevant field and preferably an accounting qualification e.g. CIMA, ACCA
- Proven experience of working as part of an Accounts department as an accountant or similar role
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to handle sensitive, confidential information
- Ability to comprehend and manage financial records
- Able to manage several different tasks and plan work to achieve deadlines set
- Have had exposure to management accounts
Parkside Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Parkside Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.