Finance, Payroll Assistant
£30,000 to £34,000 Per Annum
Payroll responsibilities will include looking after a variety of clients, with duties such as:
* Processing client payrolls for various sized clients across various industries and sectors on a weekly, fortnightly, monthly, and quarterly basis.
* Promptly and professionally responding to client inquiries and requests.
* Monthly electronic data submission to HMRC in accordance with RTI procedures.
* Communicating with clients about HMRC payments that must be made.
* Liaison with third parties on behalf of clients, such as HMRC and pension providers.
* Ongoing compliance, such as P45s and new employee checklists, etc.
* End-of-year compliance, including P60s, completed.
* Communicating with clients and handling ad hoc inquiries via phone and email
* Auto-enrolment pension administration.
* SMP & SSP - understanding of statutory payments & salary
* Calculation and payment of holiday pay and redundancy.
* Eligibility for Employment Allowance and Apprenticeship Levy.
* Evidence of dealing with clients and employees in a professional manner
* Problem-solving and resolution-seeking abilities
* Previous experience accepting responsibility
* Effective use of initiative
* Excellent communication skills, regardless of the audience - clients, staff, partners, or team members
* IRIS/STAR payroll
* Central CCH
* 2 years of experience in a comparable role.
* Experience and working knowledge of payroll software, with STAR/IRIS experience preferred.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
* Understanding of Microsoft Outlook.
* A thorough understanding of how to manually calculate tax and NI, as well as the impact of various tax codes on this.
* A thorough understanding of statutory payments and how they are processed the payroll.
* Understanding of Auto Enrolment and employer obligations, including salary sacrifice arrangements
* Previous experience establishing new PAYE schemes with HMRC
Specific abilities/skills are required.
* Organised and able to meet strict deadlines
* Methodical and logical approach
* Excellent communication abilities
* Computer Proficiency
* Work on your own initiative
Parkside Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Parkside Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.