Financial Services, IFA/Financial Planner
£35,000 to £36,000 Per Annum
City of London
Our client, a chartered financial planning wealth management group, are seeking an experienced IFA Administrator. The successful candidate will provide technical administrative support to the Senior Private Client Adviser of a successful team. This is a busy role assisting the Senior Private Client Adviser in delivering an outstanding holistic financial planning service to new and their existing clients.
The role will suit a self-motivated and experienced IFA administrator who enjoys working pro-actively and collaboratively within a small team. The role offers a fantastic opportunity for a part or fully Diploma qualified candidate with aspirations to develop into a technical paraplanning role over the medium term, with access to our internal paraplanner training programme available for the right candidate.
Private Client and Technical Administrator:
- Deliver the highest possible level of client service, consistent with developing and maintaining outstanding long-term relationships
- Prepare for and attend client meetings where requested, taking detailed written notes and following up on any admin/technical admin actions after the meeting
- Use appropriate systems and processes to submit new business to providers
- Obtain information from clients to facilitate Annual Suitability Reviews
- Obtain literature, illustrations and forms from providers and pre-complete basic client details
- Prepare application forms and other documents for client signing or approval
- Complete and assist with trades and portfolio rebalancing, as required
- Assist with cash management control on client accounts (bonds, SIPPs, etc)
- Close plans correctly on Intelligent Office in a timely manner and ensure income expectations are settled, if relevant
- Deal with complex and technical client queries as directed by the Senior Private Client Adviser
- Assist with the preparation of Voyant cashflow models in advance of client meetings if required by the Senior Private Client Adviser
- Assist the Senior Private Client Adviser in producing comprehensive and clear suitability letters
- Be willing and able to work to pressing deadlines, sometimes involving a level of time commitment beyond standard working hours
- In addition, working with the Senior Private Client Administrator to ensure the following is completed in line with the wider client service: liaison with product providers to ensure all applications are received and completed; produce accurate client portfolio valuations and statements using Intelligent Office; ensure client agreements, including fee schedules, are in place and are signed, documented and saved to the DMS.
Experience and Qualifications requiref for the job:
- Have 3+ years' experience within the independent sector of the financial services industry, in a relevant administration or paraplanning role, involving direct contact with high-net-worth clients
- Have comprehensive experience of using iO (or an equivalent system) to perform an administrative role, as well as the required product and process knowledge to carry out the role effectively
- Have excellent IT skills and written communication skills, being highly proficient in the use of Microsoft Office packages. A good working knowledge of Excel will be an advantage
- Have sufficient understanding of the needs of Financial Services teams, and FCA rules and compliances, in order to effectively carry out the role
- Relevant industry qualifications will be a distinct advantage.
Please apply now if you have the relevant experience required for this position.
Parkside Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Parkside Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.