£30,000 to £35,000 Per Annum
My award winning client based in West Drayton are looking for a Product Technologist to join their fast growing team. Salary £40-45K depending on experience. Monday - Friday with an early finish on a Friday.
- Must have experience working for an importer or a retailer dealing with far east suppliers for the manufacture of food contact items.
- Must have an excellent knowledge of EU and UK legislation particularly for food contact materials.
- Experience in managing a testing procedure to comply with EU / UK regulations for multiple products and devising a testing strategy is essential.
- Good knowledge of supply chain from concept to shelves.
- Strong communication skills to liaise with factories, internal stakeholders, and clients.
- Knowledge of materials and manufacturing methods would be advantageous.
- Work with product development to provide technical feedback on new products to highlight any potential issues at the design stage.
- Conduct any pre-production risk assessments where required.
- Work with design to instruct on the correct safety and legal warnings required for product packaging.
- Work with design and product development to ensure correct warnings and information are applied to the products.
- Review and approve artwork ensuring information is correctly applied in with legal and safety requirements.
- Review and maintain factory Ethical Audit program ensuring annual SMETA or BSCI audits rearranged on an annual basis.
- Follow up with factories on Corrective Action Plans.
- Liaise with key accounts ensuring the Ethical Audit program meets key account requirements.
- Arrange safety and technical audits as required by key accounts.
- Ensure Ethical Audit database is maintained and reports digitally stored.
- Follow up with suppliers to obtain information regarding the construction of a product.
- Review test reports provided and commission new testing where necessary ensuring account requirements are adhered to.
- Maintain product testing procedure and ensure testing reports are digitally stored.
- Manage budget for testing to keep costs to a minimum.
- Produce technical files for relevant products.
- Review and monitor updates to legislation and testing standards ensuring and changes are actioned and adhered to.
- Liaise with Sales team and update trackers with status of testing for key accounts.
- Create EU Declaration of Conformity for each product and send to key accounts where required.
- Compile technical documentation and liaise with clients to ensure authorisation prior to shipment.
- Provide technical feedback on packaging and shipping cartons.
- Advise on sustainable alternatives for packaging and product.
- Compile and maintain log of customer complaints from consumer and retail customers.
- Liaise with stakeholders to follow action plan to resolve customer complaint with the customer and work with the supplier where appropriate to prevent issues in future production.
- Provide technical feedback on any other areas of business as directed.
Parkside Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Parkside Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.