Assistant Manager, Operations
£24,000 to £26,000 Per Annum
The Ops department is fast paced with many projects running at various locations at the same time. Organisation and time-management is a vital skill in order prioritise and organise your workload efficiently. You must be computer literate and confident using Microsoft Office, Outlook etc. The company use an internal ERP system system of which training will be provided.
The ability to work in a team is very important, maintaining close relationships with the installers, projects managers and site managers. You will also be involved in cost analysis, monitoring timescales, sending reports to managers and inputting data for credits and invoices. You will be required to file both electronic and physical documentation and maintain health and safety records in line with existing systems.
Main Job Role:
- Provide support, document control and administrative duties for Project Manager/s
- Set up new projects on ERP once order had been secured at Pre-Contracts. Providing Tech Subs & Budget Trackers where required
- Provide assistance where possible for designs of UFH using AutoCAD
- Compile Risk and Method Statements (RAMS) templates for Project Manager/s to revise and amend so that they can issue to the relevant parties and any other health and safety documentation required by the client.
- Provide document control, including budget tracker on projects. This may require using client programs and submissions
- Verify and enter supplier and sub-contractor invoices
- Deal with reactive client, installer and subcontractor enquires and/or queries. This may include requests for 2nd Fix items to be co-ordinated and sent
- Assist with Purchase Orders, sales orders, picking lists and variations
- Booking balancing works, arrange resource and obtain compliance paperwork, issuing reports to clients when required within set timeframes
- Compile O&M's on completion of each project including as installed drawings, pressure test certificates, user manuals etc. Stores photographs on server provided by installers. For major projects you maybe required to use client programs and have Project Manager support. This will include the 'close out' of the project
- Attend meetings when required, providing minutes and agenda to all relevant parties when applicable
- Provide installer and sub-contractor training and compliance support (Toolbox talks etc.)
- Review processes, procedures, and documentation, updating when required. This may include but is not restricted too compilation of financial reports, trend analysis, reviews, housekeeping of project status etc.
- Monitor and categorise Customer Services E-mail enquiries.
Key Role Requirements:
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Good numerical skills and commercial awareness
- Strong organisation and time management skills
- Strong IT skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word & Excel
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Ability to work within deadlines and cope under pressure
- Full and valid UK driving licence
- Previous experience of working with AutoCAD would be advantageous. You will need to be able to understand UFH drawings and designs
- Personable, presentable, and articulate
Parkside Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Parkside Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.