£32,000 to £37,000 Per Annum
Responsible Sourcing Executive
Purpose of Role
Working with the Quality and Responsible Sourcing Controller, to deliver the Responsible Retailing Strategy and plan with the RDC's s, focussing on three key the strategy pillars: Climate, Environment and Sourcing, to ensure that the company is seen as a responsible retailer. Review and communicate (to all stakeholders), legislation and external stakeholder membership requirements in support and deliver these for the National Brand. Support the communication of key Responsible Retailing achievements and targets to the business, key influencers (Government, NGOs etc) and consumers.
No responsibility for people
No direct reports
- Work with the Q&RS Controller to support the delivery of the Responsible Retailing (RR) plan and working group deliverables with the Retail Distribution (RDC) partners
- Support the Q&RS Controller to drive the agenda for the National Brand and report out to the business in relation to Climate, Environment and Sourcing pillars and supporting initiatives to include WRAP's UK plastics pact and the BRC Climate Action road map.
- Review and share relevant Responsible Retailing legislation requirements internally and to the RDC's
- Manage and update the Responsible Retailing Hub a central point for information
- Ensure Modern Slavery compliance through SEDEX, conduct internal training (on SEDEX) and manage communications in this area.
- Support Q&RS Controller as required.
- Demonstrate an understanding of key business processes and metrics which are communicated to all colleagues, and adhere to them.
Organise own workload and deliver work in a logical, sequenced way, using time effectively and efficiently.
- Proactively make suggestions for process improvements within own remit.
Make decisions within existing procedures and guidance, using available facts, data, logic, any existing criteria or guidelines in the team, and through weighing up the pros and cons.
Build and demonstrate own working knowledge of the company and its market (i.e. the products, services, customers, competitors, key industry standards and the relationship with the RDCs)
- Raise risks issues early and proactively with colleagues in order to address problems before they escalate.
- Deliver messages - verbally and written - that are clear, concise, accurate and appropriate in tone.
Develop positive relationships and credibility with people you work directly with
Provide fact-based information, using communication tools appropriately and in a timely manner
Understand who the key stakeholders for you
Understand who the key stakeholders for your work are, and how you engage with them
Analyse what stakeholders need, have a clear plan of how to deliver this, and proactively improve the service offering whenever possible
Leadership - ourselves and others
Engage fully in performance evaluation and development planning for self.
Accept accountability for own objectives; take ownership of work through to completion and use own initiative to take action.
Support the induction and training of new starters to the team as requested, sharing knowledge and know-how
- Participate in developing and delivering training to others; use learning opportunities to build own capability.
- Effectively lead some team work, including with RDCs.
Relevant degree and/or technical qualifications or equivalent
· Have worked within a Corporate Social Responsibility/Responsible Retailing role
· Knowledge and development of Climate, Environment and/or Sourcing Initiatives
· An understanding of WRAP UK plastics pact targets and GHG emissions reporting requirements
· Experience of developing, implementing and managing an ethical trading agenda and experience with the SEDEX platform
· Has experience of support on or Communication and liaison with Ethical Trading associations, NGO's, government bodies and other external bodies.
Competent in Outlook, Word, PowerPoint (presentations) and Excel
· Is able to demonstrate alignment with the companies Values giving examples of:
o Excellent Service
o Working in Partnership
o Having Ambitious objectives
o Able to demonstrate Resilience
Parkside Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Parkside Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.