Marketing, Marketing Assistant
£45,000 to £46,000 Per Annum
Working for a well known company offering long term career progression. This role will be supporting the Chanel Marketing Manager. This role is perfect for a candidate who is looking to develop within the role, has a strong understanding of POS and to increase awareness and in-store presentation.
Purpose of Role:
To support the Channel Marketing Manager - Retail in translating category strategies into integrated retail marketing plans that can be executed through the Retail Channel at outlet level. To identify and convert opportunities to increase awareness and in-store presentation of our brands for consumers (scope includes understanding shopper marketing, point of sale impact and permanent point of sale requirements).
Key Accountabilities or Duties:
- Represent the needs of the retail outlets into the category teams and develop the Consumer Marketing Plan (CMP) to be executed at outlet level in Retail.
- Increase our brand presence in retail outlets for all categories and at all points of purchase (PPOS & POS) by working closely with the Channel Marketing Manager - Retail, the CBT, RST and TAM Team to identify and convert key opportunities.
- Development of category specific PPOS
- Deliver support, within budget, for key focuses and launches in the Retail Channel; core kit for all stores & up-weighted kit, where appropriate, for key sectors / accounts
- Tailor brand advertising, PPOS, POS and communication materials where appropriate to maximise support from Retailers, where there is a proven ROI.
- Ensure relevant marketing materials and POS material is produced and sent to the right outlets in line with agreed timescales.
- Have a superior knowledge of consumers and shoppers, their missions, motivations and habits, and then apply this knowledge to develop activation plans around IMAP & category growth solutions.
- Work with the Category teams to then take this understanding of our consumers, category and brand strategy in order to develop category & marketing communications plans and monthly objectives.
- Have a superior knowledge of category management principles and be able to apply to develop growth initiatives based around (a) CMP plans (i.e. target category shoppers via brand initiatives) or (b) category solutions (to drive entire category forward|).
- Lead and support key channel initiatives e.g. shopper research, store of the future, extended means of play.
- Plan and cost business and marketing activities, execute through the retail channel (at outlet level) whilst managing allocated budgets
- Understand the UK Retail market, key trends, shopper behaviour, opportunities and constraints and input into strategy for the retail channel
- Recommend marketing investment priorities for the Retail sector in line with category & retail strategy, generating & filtering ideas with business cases to justify recommendations
- Input into the setting of monthly priorities for the Sales Team (NAT, RST & TAM) and brief retail-facing teams on key requirements.
- Creation of category or brand presentations for NAT or RST to take to accounts to engage in plans. Category management principles applied to these presentations.
- Measure the effectiveness of in-store initiatives.
- Input into MME budget process and ensure retail channel activities are delivered within agreed budgets.
Parkside Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Parkside Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.