Finance, Financial Accountant
£50,000 Per Annum
Senior Financial Accountant
Salary up to £50,000
International organisation based in Watford is seeking a Senior Financial Accountant for their fast paced environment. This role reports directly to the Financial Accounting Manager.
- Responsible for the monthly preparation and review of the regional P&L (mainly for Germany and Austria) collaborating with colleagues in the Commercial Finance & Financial Control teams to ensure a clear and common understanding of variances to the annual budget and monthly re-forecasts.
- The budgeting, reconciliation and re-forecasting of all lease accounting costs. The maintenance and reconciliation of the Fixed Asset books as-well as monthly reporting of spend.
- Responsible for reporting the monthly Consolidated Financial Statements (P&L and Balance Sheet) in US GAAP; ensuring the appropriate review and approval of major Balance Sheet items in accordance with defined SOX controls.
- Supporting the Balance Sheet reconciliation and review process; ensuring that all accounts are reconciled and reviewed in a timely manner with any risks or opportunities clearly identified & communicated.
- Responsible for the preparation of local GAAP Financial Statements for legal entities in Germany and Austria; liaising with the Country Controllers and external auditors to ensure compliance with local GAAP reporting requirements.
- Responsible for the Budgeting & Forecasting of the Germany/ Austria Balance Sheets with supporting analysis & commentary for inclusion in the annual Budget and monthly rolling plan submissions.
- Responsible for the supervision and development of one direct report.
Key Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Qualified accountant with proven post qualification experience in a multi site environment.
- Some experience of preparing statutory accounts in either Germany or Poland would be preferable.
- German or Polish language skills would be an advantage.
- Thorough grasp of basic closing routines/ ability to ensure integrity of the general ledger in all areas of responsibility.
- Ability to drill down to appropriate level of detail, and then understand and communicate the cause of variances to budget & re-forecast.
- Ability to critically evaluate processes and oversee the execution of recommendations for improvement.
- Some experience of leading a small team with responsibility for supporting the long term development of a direct report would be preferable.
- Flexibility in approach and a willingness to go beyond the defined role.
- Experience of Oracle Financial system preferable.
Parkside Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Parkside Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.