Operations, Supply Chain Management
£55,000 to £65,000 Per Annum
Our client is looking for a Supply Chain Manager to lead the supply chain strategy within an Engineering environment, Your leadership skills are most important for this role.
Develop the team to ensure that it is of the right size and capability, with the necessary team governance and communication to ensure the team, department and wider business objectives are achieved.
- Proactively support the development of individuals within the team, training and coaching, keeping succession planning at the forefront of personal development and training objectives.
- Lead the supply chain team to place and monitor performance against those delivery commitments
- Create a product family purchasing strategy
- Actively manage the supplier base in the product family to categorise in the following areas:
- Develop, Grow, Maintain, Reduce.
- Action the product family strategy within the supplier base in order to protect the long term future of supply.
- Put in place long term agreements and strategic partnerships with a minimum of 5 the top suppliers that includes a "Kanban" agreements in order to improve the business cash and inventory position.
- Create a supplier strategy.
- Establish a supplier delivery strategy
- Propose a strategy and deliver a reduction in the number of suppliers for the product family by 20%. Ensure that the suppliers are of the correct size and exhibit the expected behaviours and product output (to quality and on time).
- Identify all parts that are single source and have the ability to be dual sourced. For those that can be dual sourced identify possible alternatives (without increasing the number of suppliers) that will result in increased competition and support in removing 15% of cost in the supply chain.
- Review and reduce the number of "ins and outs" of our products by identifying a single supplier to manage the sub system and supply a fully confirming product that will reduce the overhead burden within supply chain by 20%. (Propose additional continuous improvement initiatives).
- Lead supplier cost reduction workshops to achieve year on year savings (KPI to be agreed per product family)
- Support Sales & Marketing and Customer Services by providing material pricing for bids and quotes.
- Contribute and support the business make vs buy decision.
- Ensure, through production readiness reviews and capacity plans, that each supplier in the product family has the ability to meet their commitments.
- Conduct quarterly supplier business reviews with all key strategic suppliers.
- Work with the equivalent leads in operations, quality, engineering, PM and other functions to meet the business commitments.
Parkside Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Parkside Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.