Logistics/Delivery Management , Operations
£65,000 to £70,000 Per Annum
An excellent opportunity for an experienced Senior Transport Manager to work for a well known global brand , my client have 3 sites in the UK which you will be responsible for .We are looking for a senior transport manager who has experience in managing a highly successful transport and distribution team across their fleet and Warehouse network.
We are looking for an individual who is experienced in managing a fleet of insourced and outsourced delivery networks as well as managing customer expectations and SLA's , we are looking for a high performing individual who has excellent communication skills with ability to build relationships and
This is a fixed term contract for 12 months which comes with flexible and home based working .
- Responsible for the delivery of all contractual KPI's and budget requirements across the Operations
- Ensure that a high performance culture is developed and maintained across Operations through the site management teams to deliver operational excellence and continuously meet performance and productivity targets on a day to day basis
- To "Attest" all invoices and ensure costs are in line with contracted costs and within budget.
- To monitor equipment requirements ensuring sufficient resources are available to meet sales forecasts and new customer wins
- Develop planning team through effective measurement of performance and productivity, providing feedback and guidance where needed
- Provide operational expertise and leverage in depth transportation knowledge to support planning operations Drive results through historical data collection and market trend analytics, leading to actionable processes and metrics ➢
- Create and implement best practice transport principles, policies and processes across the organisation to improve operational and financial performance
- Monitor quality, quantity, delivery times, and transport costs
- Manage, coach and develop a high performing team that meets agreed objectives and delivers best practice results, added value and continuous improvements
- Set departmental objectives/KPIs and review and assess ongoing performance of direct reports
- Report on achievement of targets and identify any actions required
- To manage all daily workload and interactions across all key stakeholders and making any relevant decisions related to network capacity or costs.
- To meet with Key Stakeholders and Service Providers regularly to ensure mutual adherence to contract terms, KPI's and SLA's and review performance, conduct official monthly and annual reviews involving relevant senior personnel. At all meetings establish new and future needs.
- Build a strong collaborative relationship with all internal and external parties through effective communication, conflict resolution, and compliance management
Parkside Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Parkside Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.